Skip to main content

Grandpa

I don't have the youthful strength to carry you across this vast earth.
To plant the entire garden of your soul.
I can't force your heart to feel all the affections that the heart should explore.
Don't call me your teacher
or grandpa.
I must confess I have treasure, gold, and wisdom stored.
However, I can't give everything to you,
for the time is short.
Be a fisherman and catch your own.
I will rest in my recliner
and quietly read my newspaper and Bible.
Watch and learn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Her

 Church is loud and hidden. Full of praise, unprecedented resilience. She bites an apple, then walks into an eternal city. She rests on Sabbath, then battles ignorance. Strong and faulted, given grace and Jerusalem walls. She hides her beauty while Jesus peers significant.

Shy Suicide

Disclaimer: This poem was inspired by someone else's struggle with suicide. Don't worry I am not suicidal. Suicide, why do you hide beneath my white skin? Suicide, why do use my fake smile for your sin? Suicide, why do you keep your cover until the rope is tight, the trigger is pulled, the pills are swallowed, the wrists slit? A black phantom behind my face. A dark word behind my lips. A night in my day. Suicide, why do you ensnare all my companions? They didn’t know. They didn’t see. They didn’t recognize who had overtaken me. You left a message on paper; they read in disbelief. Suicide, you are shy, and yet you have the audacity to kill me.

Bought

Anthem of heaven incased in this CD on the market. A devotion song reformed to a green collection in his pocket. Culture how it has sought us! Taken our reverence and bought us! Worship sowing designer clothes for the artist. Melodies in bondage begin to simulate the masses. We have the radio to blare the repeat. Give us our fame and retreat This noise of adoration motivates a half hearted beat on the steering wheel. We can no longer own the heart and we can’t preach our message. We are just a copy of a man’s heart once spilled to His maker given over to another to do as he so pleases. We are bought. Owned. I want to work on this one. It seems a little hard to follow. I want it to be concrete and to the point but still lyrical. Any comments or suggestions?