Skip to main content

Adam, In His Image


I am still deciding if I even like this! I know what the revelation was that God gave me. But I was not able to put it in words. I just can't get over the fact that Jesus took on flesh. It is messing with me and I tried/failed to put it in writing.

Adam, In His Image.

I own this new expression that fails to attach itself to paradise.
In the heat of the day I walk alone.
I have not the form I was given.
My speech is weaker now.
My laughter breaks to lament.
My life is ebbing away.
I labor, I toil, I sweat, I ponder.
I have bowed low to hear a lie and bent low to hear the ponderings of a snake.
I have mastered sorrow and I have grown faint.

The future I see not.
I only see a thorn, a cross, I witness my naked flesh.
Sun scorched back.
Made in His Image.
For this fruit I stole, He made Himself reflect that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Her

 Church is loud and hidden. Full of praise, unprecedented resilience. She bites an apple, then walks into an eternal city. She rests on Sabbath, then battles ignorance. Strong and faulted, given grace and Jerusalem walls. She hides her beauty while Jesus peers significant.

Shy Suicide

Disclaimer: This poem was inspired by someone else's struggle with suicide. Don't worry I am not suicidal. Suicide, why do you hide beneath my white skin? Suicide, why do use my fake smile for your sin? Suicide, why do you keep your cover until the rope is tight, the trigger is pulled, the pills are swallowed, the wrists slit? A black phantom behind my face. A dark word behind my lips. A night in my day. Suicide, why do you ensnare all my companions? They didn’t know. They didn’t see. They didn’t recognize who had overtaken me. You left a message on paper; they read in disbelief. Suicide, you are shy, and yet you have the audacity to kill me.

The Power of Choice: A Short Story

The Power of a Choice Copyright 2010 Tamara Peachy As the money floated down to the bottom of the wishing fountain, I marveled that my baby girl already had aspirations. She was only three, but still genuine expectancy radiated from her confident smile. She had a secret wish tucked in her heart and believed in her two magical pennies. Beads of water dripped from her blonde curls. She splashed the water with her delicate hand. Her laughter seemed to bounce off the water and amplify. Several other children were tossing pennies into the fountain. Their youthful excitement was great entertainment. A thunderous truck engine interrupted the children’s sweet voices. I glanced behind me to see the man driving the truck. Judging from his expression, I assumed he was lost. He was saying something, but I couldn’t hear him over the engine. I lifted Sadie onto my hip. She nestled her head into my shoulder. Her grip tightened around my neck. “It’s alright Sadie. Mommy is going to help thi...